This is a luscious fresh salad that can be enjoyed at lunch or dinner, that has many variations.
1) Build a base of your favorite salad (spinach, sucrine, arugula, romaine, etc.)
2) pick a vegetable or a fruit to contrast with the green base in 1)
3) pick a meat or cheese that contrasts well with the first two 1), 2)
4) pick fresh herbs to give it depth and decoration
5) pick toppings, such as artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, frutto di capero, cornichons, etc.
6) keep the vinaigrette light and simple, so it does not overpower the first three ingredients : olive oil, lime juice, velours balsamique